19th Century E.L. Field Original Etching, Signed and Framed
- Late 19th Century Original Etching by Edward Field
- American artist, hand signed in the lower right corner
- thin gold gilded wooden frame, ready for hanging
- a very rare find, in fantastic condition
- frame measures 15.25" x 18.25"
Edward Loyal Field was a late-nineteenth
century landscape etcher and painter. Born in 1856, he studied art in
Paris, France, under Carolus-Duran, returning to the United States in
1882. He lived and worked in Manhattan for the balance of his career. A
full member of New York's prestigious Salmagundi Club, Field exhibited
in major exhibitions in Boston, Washington, Philadelphia, Chicago and
San Francisco. He died in 1914.